Owning a shipping container pool has fulfilled the longings of those who have dreamt of having their own swimming pools in their backyards. The trend of reconstructing a shipping container to become a pool within the limited space is in vogue. People are using them to unleash their creativity in transforming their backyards and open spaces into a place for fun and entertainment.
Container pools are smart ways to reuse shipping containers that otherwise might end up as metal scrap. It is an eco-friendly alternative that comes with endless possibilities.
All about the shipping container
So, what is it that you need to know to get your own shipping container pool?
Firstly, you need to have a better understanding of the shipping container because it is the main object of interest.
Built to withstand loads of several tonnes, an average shipping container is made of highly durable steel. Standard containers come in two sizes- 8 by 20 feet or 8 by 40 feet. Longer containers are trimmed down to 12 feet as a better space and cost-friendly option.
The transformation process
Once the right container is chosen, then begins the laborious process of transforming the rectangle piece of metal into your backyard swimming pool.
- The chosen site is then prepared to make the ground fit for the container pool installation.
- The next priority is to make the container water-tight. It is done by adding a second layer of steel inside the container and welding it in place.
- The steel cladding can be replaced by fiberglass or durable vinyl liners.
- The customized container is lowered into place with a crane.
- The container can be lowered into the space that is dug out for it, or it is left to stand freely with the entire deck and additional features built around it.
- An efficient swimming pool pump is fitted to filter all unwanted debris and dirt.
- An enhanced filtration system is also necessary for a fully functional, clean pool.
Outstanding features that make the container pool a cool choice
If you are looking to transform your drab-looking backyard into an attractive oasis, then the container pool is the right choice for you. A creative innovation, the container pool comes with its own incredible features.
- Cool and contemporarily aesthetic.
- Fiberglass or vinyl lining
- Advanced filtration systems
- Allows for customization
- Glass windows and LED lights
- Plumbing, heating, and other electrical installations.
- Child-safety doors for extra precaution.
The pros and cons of choosing a container pool
We shall first analyze the pros because nothing becomes popular without having its own benefits.
- The shipping container takes considerably less time to be transformed into a pool and installed in your backyard.
- They are sleek and stylish and blend well with any building or even shipping container homes.
- Container pools can be easily relocated if you are thinking about looking for a new home!
- Their sleek rectangular design makes them ideal for swimming laps and races.
- They are definitely easier to maintain than the conventional swimming pool.
- Shipping container pools cost as much as a conventional pool. The additional features like decks and wooden fences, can easily hike up the expenses. Unless you want to go for a simple pool with minimal facilities, do be prepared to shell out extra money.
- The rectangular design might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
- Space is definitely limited in the container pool. While children will find it easy to swim around, a group of adults will find it too cramped.
- Shipping container pools are not suitable for saltwater, simply because salt and metal are not compatible.
- Saltwater will make the container vulnerable to corrosion.
Guidance tips for container pools
If you are sure about investing in a shipping container pool, here are some pointers to help you with it:
Go for well-known shipping container suppliers.
- Get help from a professional pool builder to assess these five crucial aspects-
Safety of the construction site
Path of access to the pool site
Standard pool equipment
Building codes and procedures
- Keep your budget in mind while allowing room for creativity.
- Plan a regular maintenance schedule to keep the pool sparkling clean.
It will be a wise move to invest in a shipping container that is manufactured by a trusted company. Supertech is a popular shipping container supplier in Dubai. Supertech leads the industry with years of experience and exceptional service. Call us now to learn more about our services!